Zoos, Aquariums, Botanical Gardens, and Natural Museums allow children to see God's Creation up close, to learn more about all of His amazing creation.
Children love to see things up close, especially animals!
Our family has always enjoyed zoos and aquariums the most! There's something about see seals and monkeys play that always delights me! And I'm a grown-up!
The sad thing is that so many of those zoos, aquariums, gardens, and museums teach evolution and don't believe that God sent a worldwide flood in the time of Noah. It should not surprise us that people who don't know the Lord don't want to glorify the Creator of all things.
"Scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires. 4 They will say, 'Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation.' 5 For they deliberately overlook this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and through water by the word of God, 6 and that by means of these the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished. 7 But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly" (II Peter 3:2-7 ESV).
Just because the world is misguided, doesn't stop us from teaching truth to our little ones. I love to show my children the truths about our Creator in the Bible. When I see a gorgeous sunset or an adorable animal, I remind whoever is around that we serve an amazing Creator! I want my children to look around in wonder at the world and all it contains; then, pause and praise God!
So, how can we visit these fun places and teach our children the truth?
Here are Some Tips to Teach Children about Creation:
1. Teach your children that God is the Creator and Sustainer of All Life! Learn about the 6 days of Creation together and use biblically-based curricula like Media Angels, Apologia, Master Books, Answers in Genesis, Write Bonnie Rose, and Powerline Productions to teach science.
2. Build a Home Library that contains all kinds of creation books, DVDs, and magazines so children can learn truth from a variety of sources.
3. Teach children from a Creation perspective from the early years to high school graduation.
4. Teach them about evolution at least by middle school age and solid facts that refute the claims of evolution. Role play conversations where they defend biblical truths.
5. Download the Creation Trail App and take it with you when you visit zoos, aquariums, and museums. This app allows you to look up truth when you face wrong information at these museums.
Download your FREE Creation Trail App Today! :) :)
Download your free Creation Trail app at CreationTrail.org.
Also, check out International Association for Creation where you can network with Creation scientists and homeschooling families all over the world who share your heartbeat for creation. Check IAC out here. Are you on Pinterest? You can follow IAC's Pinterest here. International Association is also on Facebook. Join the community here.
Teaching children about God's world is such a joy and privilege. Be sure to take advantage of zoos, aquariums, and museums. Just don't forget your creation trail app.
Creation STEM Resources from Powerline Productions
Leave a Reply.